25 March 2016

Mop Girl Review

Title: Mop Girl
Genre: Comedy, Fantasy
Episodes: 10
Broadcast period: 2007-Oct to 2007-Dec
Cast: Kitagawa Keiko, Tanihara Shosuke, Asami Rein and Takaoka Sousuke.

“The day someone dies... the moment I touch their things; I go back in time. It's happened ever since I went into the special cleaning service. I have to do something, or else the person in front of me will die. That's the truth. I was able to go into the past and save the people who shouldn't have died. When time goes backwards, I get a ringing in my ears. I think back to the time when that woman died in front of me. Now, I'm always wondering what's happening? Why am I able to go back in time?” (intro of drama)
Hasegawa Momoko (Kitagawa Keiko) is a staff member at a wedding preparation company, but due to a mishap from her side, she is demoted and transferred to sub branch of the company called Little Angels. As it turns out the sub branch is a funeral home which specializes in cleaning. Being the hardworking girl as she is, Momoko decides to give it her all, but when she by accident touches an item that belonged to a deceased, she is sent back in time, a few hours before the incidence of the death. Will she save him?

One of my very favorite themes in ‘drama world’ and the general TV world is time travel. SO when I saw what this drama was about I had to watch it – no matter the age or background story. And now that I have watched it, I really didn’t mind the age nor the fact that rule no in the time-travel stories is: don’t change history. When I think about it, she isn’t really time traveling – only going back a day. So the future she came from never really happened. Which is, I guess why I didn’t mind the altering of the past.
Kitagawa is a favorite actress of mine, I don’t remember from when, but she is one of the few versatile and genuine actresses I know. SO this one was nice to watch as a fan. Even though the drama doesn’t really have a ‘mysterious’ feel as it tried to make it in the beginning, it was not all time of waste. But what happens when you don’t have a story throughout is that the climax just loses at the end. Nonetheless I enjoyed it.
So all in all, a funny and nice drama.

☆☆☆ / 3 out of 5 stars

♥♥♥½ / 3½ out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment