02 January 2015

I Just Wanna Hug You Movie Review

Title: I Just Wanna Hug You
AKA: Dakishimetai: Shinjitsu no Monogatari
Genre: Romance, Human
Origin: Japan
Release Date: February 1, 2014
Cast: Keiko Kitagawa, Ryo Nishikido, Yusuku Kamiji, Takumi Saito, Aya Hirayama, Eriko Sato, Megumi Sato,

This story is based on a true story from Abashiri, Hokkaido. Tsukasa (Keiko Kitagawa) got into a severe car accident when she was a high school student. She still suffers from the aftereffects of that accident, with memory impairment and needing to use a wheelchair. Nevertheless, she tries to live life to the fullest. Tsukasa then falls in love with taxi driver Masaki (Ryo Nishikido), who likes playing basketball. Even though they have various difficulties, they try to make a happy family together, but they encounter another serious situation.

A sweet, simple, Japanese heartbreaking movie in its most traditional form. I usually don’t cry at movies or dramas, but when I know it’s based on true stories I just start sympathize with the real people so I get truly emotional. The movie had big expectations in Japan, but I read somewhere that it wasn’t a success as they aniticipated, it only got 2 out of 5 stars in The Japan Times, so I guess not good. However, for me it was okay, not a great movie, but it didn’t deserve all the critics it got. The story was emotional, even though every movie based on a story of a sick person is worth watching and emotional. The main couple were cute and good together, but what else can we expect from Keiko and Ryo ;)
I would recommend this movie for a nice relaxing Sunday night, so it can easy the agony of Monday!

☆☆☆☆/ 4 out of 5 stars    
                                             
♥♥♥♥ / 4 out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment