24 February 2014

Kimi to Boku Movie Review

Title: Kimi to Boku
AKA: You and Me
Genre: Short movie
Origin: Japan
Release date: May 14, 2011
Cast: Nakamura Aoi and Inaba Yu.

This short movie is about a young man (Nakamura Aoi) who struggles with life as a cartoon artist, and how he develops a relationship with a little cat he had found on the street. The story is followed through our storyteller: ”Gin-o-gou”, who is the cat living with the main character. It starts when the little cat gets lost, but is found on a bench by this young man who has recently moved to Fukuoka. He finds the cat looking up at the stars thus naming him “Gin-o-gou” (from a manga character about the stars (?)), and takes him while putting posters out so someone can take him home. The two eventually bond, and this story continues with the young man struggling with his dreams, but finding comfort in this sweet little being…

So, after watching a whole bunch of half- hearted movies, this piece of heartbreak suddenly emerges and makes me all snotty. I love this short story, but it would’ve been so much nicer if it were longer. The storyline, the main actor and the cute kitten made the 45 min pretty short, because I was interested most of the story though. That might be because I am an animal lover but also because I have a cat which I groomed myself from it was 3 months, so yeah... might have hit a nerve there. I can’t really say much since it really is short, and I do not want to spoil it, but I do recommend it.

☆☆☆½ / 3½ out of 5 stars

♥♥♥♥ / 4 out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment