21 November 2014

Hot Young Bloods Movie Review

Title: Hot Young Bloods
Genre: Teen, Romance, Comedy, 80’s
Origin: Korea
Release date: 23 January 2014
Cast: Park Bo Young, Lee Jong Suk, Lee Se Young, Kim Young Kwang and Ra Mi Ran.

This movie is about the youths of a small town, in the 80’s.
As the strongest female delinquent in her school Yoong Sook (Park Bo Young) has never had the time to do anything else but fight with rival schools. Forming an alliance with a rival school’s top Gwang Sik (Kim Young Kwang) she doesn’t really bother with anyone or anything else, except Joong Gil (Lee Jong Suk).
Joong Gil is the schools ultimate player whose goal is to sleep with every girl from the same year, crossing each name off after finishing with them. But for some reason Yoong Sook is the only one he doesn’t want to touch.
After a new pretty student So Hee (Lee Se Young) from Seoul arrives, Joong Gil wants to make her his, but Yoong Sook refuses to let him do so. She also wants to date him, asking him out - but Joong Gil cleanly refuses. Their relationship makes Gwang Sik jealous, threatening Joong Gil, and So Hee plays the victim in many situations infuriating Yoong Suk. To make it all worse Joong Gil refuses to believe Yoong Suk.
How will these “hot young bloods” end up?

Sorry for the weird review, but while I was writing I noticed that I had no idea what the ‘starts of conflict’ is, as it really just goes in one pace... I think. It’s quite confusing to be honest - real situation/real happening kind of movies Is really not my thing. I like when there is a real situation that’s not it, it’s more.. Like an everyday thing that I don’t like? I can’t really explain it. The movie has good acting, but the story really doesn’t have a high light, or climax call it whatever you want. It is sweet, even adorable, but kind of… I don’t know, watching 2 hours of not knowing what to hope for, is really like watching someone’s life for 2 hours.  Not bad, just not great. Jong Suk and Bo Young make a good couple, with okay chemistry. Kind of blame the script for being halfhearted though.
To sum up: good, but not all that great.

☆☆☆½ / 3½ out of 5 stars

♥♥♥½ / 3½ out of 5 hearts

Kamji's Verdict

I watched this right after the subs were available, I couldn’t wait to see it because of Lee Jong Suk and Park Bo Young (I watched her in Wolf boy, and she was amaa’hahazing!). It was an excellent performance from both the youth and adult actors, so nothing to criticize there. But the storyline were quite typical for a movie about youth.
Honestly speaking, I actually preferred the later part of the movie to the earlier campy bits. It’s similar to how I felt about Fugitive: Plan B. With Plan B, I didn’t care so much for the camp that was rampant in its first half either, but once we got to the heart of things and people in its second half, I liked it a lot better.
The love story were cheesy, but that’s okay haha that I enjoy :b I loved the little romance there were between the teachers too. Again it’s an enjoyable movie, but not one of the best. 

☆☆☆½ / 3½ out of 5 stars

♥♥♥ / 3 out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment