12 May 2014

Team Batista 4 Review

Title: Team Batista 4
AKA: Raden Meikyu
Genre: Medical, Mystery
Episodes: 11
Broadcast period: 2014-Jan to 2014-Mar
Cast: Ito Atsushi, Nakamura Toru, Yanagiba Toshiro, Aitsuki Akiko and Kuriyama Chiaki.

Dr. Taguchi (Ito Atsushi) and Shiratori (Nakamura Toru) are back again, this time at a family hospital “Hekisuiin” owned by the doctor family Sakuramiya. After being demoted to another hospital, Taguchi is sent to Hekisuiin Hospital, which serves like a hospice for patients without a possible cure for their illness. There he is meets the family owning the hospital, consisting two doctor daughters and the father as the director. While getting accustoms to the place, he meets a familiar face: “Dr.” Shiratori, who is posing as dermatologist.
Still undercover, Shiratori meets the another hospitals radiologist who tells Shiratori that he has some ‘evidence’ about bad thing happening at Hekisuiin hospital, and arranges a meeting with Shiratori. Having received a message directly from an anonymous source about the hospital, Shiratori waits for the radiologist, but he never shows.
After receiving Ai images of a dead body from the radiologist, Shiratori informs Taguchi about it, and the two are once again teaming up to find out the truth behind the letter and Ai…

I really like this franchise, and I really enjoy these two on screen together. I have to say I was a tiny bit annoyed when I started watching this since I didn’t like the overall theme, but different than the other 3 seasons this one freaked my completely out. I was actually scared of this family, and also what they did/do to these people. I mean yeah I get they want to be of help to each other and others as well, but that is just too extreme.
The duo was even more fun this time around and I like that they both influence each other, though they have different ways of doing so. I also like that they are dependent of one another, which really makes them a team - I am thinking back on seasons 1 where Shiratori kept pushing Taguchi around, and Taguchi being incredibly displeased and over trusting towards everyone.
That said it is a good drama and great season, and I can’t wait for the final movie.

☆☆☆☆ / 4 out of 5 stars

♥♥♥♥ / 4 out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment