29 July 2013

BAD BOYS J Review

Title: BAD BOYS J
Genre: Fighting, Friendship, Comedy, Romance
Episodes: 12
Broadcast period: 2013-Apr to 2013-Jun
Theme song: BAD BOY by Sexy Zone
Cast: Nakajima Kento, Iwamoto Hikaru, Nikaido Takashi, Morita Myuto, Hasimoto Ryosuke, Yasui Kentaro, Itano Tomomi, and Triendl Reina.

In Hiroshima three gangs are fighting for territory: Beast, Nights and Gokuraku Cho. Beast being the top group with over 3000 followers and an insane strong top Danno Hidenori (Nikaido Takashi), owns most of the territory. Nights, Hiroshimas second largest group is a group with good looking flashy guys, but like Beast have a strong top Hiro (Hasimoto Ryosuke).
After Gokuraku Cho’s leader leaves, the group is left with a new Top who is thinking more about himself than the members. This leaves the no. 2, Kawanaka Yoji (Iwamoto Hikaru) conflicted whether or not to do something about it. He one day happens to save Kiriki Tsukasa (Nakajima Kento) from bullies from his own group, and befriends Tsukasa, who is devastated since the bullies took his gift he had been wanting to give a girl. Yoji and his two friends, Iwami Eiji (Fukusawa Tatsuya) and Nakamura Hisao (Watanabe Shota), who are in the same group, advise Tsukasa, who just moved to Hiroshima, to stay away from the girl, since their top has his eyes on her. But when the girl is taken away by Gokuraku Cho’s top, he goes to save her, and happens to beat the top, which automatically makes him the new leader and top of Gokuraku Cho..

I think I have a problem, I really like delinquents! I mean, I used to think it was those who went to school, but these guys actually don’t even go to school! And I still love it! It reminded me a bit of Majisuka Gakuen, but somehow it became a bit more.. serious? Though, there are a lot of fun moments, it was really good. I enjoyed it, and it did remind me of an amateur version of CROWS ZERO. But that didn’t ruin it - I mean they can be the worst actors I would still enjoy it. Man.. I suck.. LOL.
Okay, now, should you watch it? Hmm, I don’t know, it is one of those Japanese dramas.. That just makes you shake your head, especially if you‘ve watched sad ones recently…

½/ 3½ out of 5 stars

♥♥♥♥ / 4 out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment