10 January 2014

Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo Season 3 Review

Title: Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo Season 3
AKA: Kindaichi Boy’s Accident Files / The Files of Young Kindaichi
Genre: Mystery, Suspense
Episodes: 9 + Special
Broadcast period: 2001-Jul to 2001-Sep
Cast: Matsumoto Jun, Naito Takashi and Suzuki Anne.

The third season is a new season all around with an entirely new cast, and the story spans as if the two first seasons didn’t happen.
While travelling with friends Nanase Miyuki (Suzuki Anne) greets a familiar face who seems to ignore her.  However once a murder occurs she remembered as Kindaichi Hajime (Matsumoto Jun) when he explains the trick of the mystery murder. The two haven’t met in over 5 years, so Miyuki is quite sure he came for her, but Hajime seems indifferent. They meet a row of accidental cases, and some of them even leave the police questioning how and who did it. This is where Hajime proves to them that he is the grandson of one of Japans most amazing detectives…

Compared to the other two seasons I have to say this one is a bit more interesting and realistic, and actually makes no sense since a lot of the murders are pretty ridiculous. I mean sometimes I just go “what?”, not because of the murders but because of the absurdity of the way of killing. I mean some of them just make you shake your head, and I say this as a fan, but somehow it just makes you shake your head.
I was very annoyed by the new version of Miyuki since I kind of liked her in the previous series.  Her character just was this loud girl that made me scowl every time I saw her. But Matsumoto was okay honestly, I mean I wasn’t really expecting and he didn’t really exceed the expectations, but it was fine like it was.
If you want to watch it, you can even without having watched the classic. If you like Matsujun this should make you happy to watch. He is kind of cute as a 17 year old.

☆☆☆½ / 3½ out of 5 stars

♥♥♥½ / 3½ out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment