15 June 2014

Hanawake no Yon Shimai Review

Title: Hanawake no Yon Shimai
AKA: The Four Hanawake Sisters
Genre: Family, Comedy, Romance
Episodes: 11
Broadcast period: 2011-Jul to 2011-Sep
Cast: Mizuki Alisa, Kanjiya Shiroi, Kawashima Umika, Kichise Michiko and Kato Shigeaki.

This story is about the four sisters of the Hanawake household as the second oldest sister returns to the house with her three children after third failed marriage.
Hanawake Takemi (Mizuki Alisa) is the second oldest of the Hanawake sisters and has three smaller children. She is beautiful, smart, open, and can get every man to do what she wants. This is also her problem: her husband gets jealous the moment she speaks with another man. After finding out that her current fiancĂ© didn’t divorce his previous wife she decides to go home to her parents’ house. The three sisters on the other hand are not too pleased with that: all three hate her and refer her as “The Devil” especially the second youngest since she had lost several boyfriends due to her sister’s beauty. The oldest daughter is Hanawake Fujiko (Kischise Michiko) who doesn’t have time for men, mainly because she loves her job. The second youngest Hanawake Sakurako (Kanjiya Shiroi) has zero luck in men, meets a photographer Mashiko Shozaburo (Kato Shigeaki) who is somewhat a player. And the youngest Hanawake Ume (Kawashima Umika) starts to hate men after seeing how her sisters lead life.
Even though the sisters protest Takemi moves in and makes havoc wherever she goes, and everything starts get really messy when Mashiko gets interested in Takemi, and Takemi doesn’t seem to mind…

Hmm, when I started I really liked it since I didn’t know what to expect, but as I continued I had issues being satisfied, because I really was let down most of the time. Not that I was disappointed, but I had a hard time relating to the characters as they kind of made unreasonable choices and statements. Even though I like serious dramas, this kind of story with sister feuds and seducing I kind of lose my base, mainly because it doesn’t make sense to me. The cast is generally great with good actors, but when you make characters that are unlikeable, you would usually give them at least one decent quality instead of trying to make them sympathetic. But I guess they didn’t think of that.
So not to spoil anything I would say a okay drama with good moments.

☆☆☆½ / 3½ out of 5 stars

♥♥♥½ / 3½ out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment