21 July 2015

My Love, Eun Dong Review

Title: My Love, Eun Dong
AKA: Beloved Eun Dong
Genre: Romance
Episodes: 16
Broadcast Period: May-2015 to Jul-2015
Cast: Joo Jin Mo, Kim Sa Rang, Lee Ja In, Jr, Baek Sung Hyun, Yoon So Hee, Kim Tae Hoon, Kim Yoo Ri

This drama is about a man who has it all, yet is unable to possess the love of a woman he is unable to forget, whom he has been loving for the past 20 years. In 1995, Park Hyun Soo (Junior) is an energetic 17-year-old boy when he meets 13-year-old Ji Eun Dong (Lee Ja In), an orphan who still has a positive outlook on life. Hyun Soo’s heart is awakened by Eun Dong but she suddenly disappears before he could really get to know her. In 2005, Hyun Soo now goes by the stage name Ji Eun Ho (Baek Sung Hyun) and aspires to become an actor. When he bumps into Eun Dong (Yoon So Hee) again after 10 years, the two fall deeply in love. But again without warning, Eun Dong disappears without a trace. In 2015, Eun Ho (Joo Jin Mo) is now a top actor who has the fame and wealth he has always wanted. But what he doesn’t have is the love of his life to share his success with. So Eun Ho decides to write an autobiography that details his love for Eun Dong over the past 20 years in the hopes of locating her. He hires a ghostwriter, Seo Jung Eun (Kim Sa Rang), to help him write the book. After he dictates his stories of Eun Dong, he sends them to Jung Eun to transcribe and incorporate into his book. But why do these stories sound vaguely familiar to Jung Eun?

I fell for this drama from the first episode, the story was different and backstory was well thought out. The way the whole drama was executed, was beautiful. I feel like every single detail was carefully thought through and put in the correct sequence. Of course while you watch it, you get impatient and want to know how all this would end for the couple, but now that I’m done with the drama I somehow understand that the whole process was for me (and you) to understand that deep feeling and desperation to accept the ending. It was hard for me to accept the ending, but I actually used a day to think it through and my conclusion is that it was realistic and faithful for the whole drama.
 Ah, one more thing I want to highlight, in lots of drama when the future is linked with the past, you get an enormously amount of flashbacks, and this one is no exception. However the flashbacks are always a new scene or from another perspective so you never get the feeling of a repeated scene all over the drama. So… Perfect I want to cry. The cast were all so emotional and were the perfect fit for the characters, they really made a storm of feelings. While we are at it, I can’t get Kim Sarangs elegance out of my head, she really is naturally beautiful, and as a girl I do feel slightly jealous :b
Overall this drama definitely is one of the best of 2015, it wasn’t even on my list to watch but I ended up marathon it for 2 days.

☆☆☆☆☆ / 5 out of 5 stars

♥♥♥♥♥ / 5 out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment