18 June 2012

Kaibutsu-kun Review

Title: Kaibutsu-kun
Genre: Fantasy, Comedy
Episodes: 9 + SP
Broadcast period: 2010-Apr to 2010-Jun
Theme song: Monster by Arashi
Cast: Ohno Satoshi,  Kaga Takeshi,Yashima Norito, Ueshima Ryuhe, Matsuoka Masahiro, Hamada Tatsuomi  and Kawashima Umika.


Prince Kaibutsutaro (Ohno Satoshi) is to be crowned as the next monster king, but his father Daiou (Kaga Takeshi) is of another impression: he decides to send his spoiled and selfish son to the human realm to learn things he couldn’t teach his son. Kaibutsutaro is sent to the human realm with three of his servants; there he meets Hiroshi (Hamada Tatsuomi) a human child, who doesn’t have any friends, but soon befriends the monsters. While Kaibutsutaro, now Kaibutsu-kun, learns the values he never knew of, the demons start to make havoc in the human realm, also the demon prince Demokin (Matsuoka Masahiro) is to be awaken from his 100 years of sleep..

I have no idea why, but this drama is so likeable! Even though it’s meant for a much much younger audience, I found it fun, and very cute to be honest. I remember watching the anime when I was a kid, but I wasn’t much of a fan. Somehow it turned me around, and even made me like the tacky part. I do believe that the bias I have towards Ohno has a lot to do with the heart rating, but honestly even if you don’t like him, you gotta admit, he’s adorable here! Also, this is a fun drama you know, I think there were at least 5 crying scenes, and one was so tough, like Kaibutsu-kun was crying, omg, Ohno he’s wow…
Last but not least: HUNGA!

☆☆☆ / 3 out of 5 stars

♥♥♥♥ / 4 out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment